Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Knead & Feed

Daniel, Ben and I spent a lovely morning in Coupeville at a local eatery, The Knead & Feed.  It was delicious. I'm happy to say we've found our 2nd establishment for the list of places we'll take out-of-town guests.  Russell Warren, my brother-in-law, would love this place.
There are few tables inside and one is a long family-style table.  The sun was pouring in the windows and we smelled of cooked eggs and baked goods when we left.  (So glad I didn't shower beforehand b/c I'd be a little disappointed to smell like eggs the rest of the day, whereas now I feel completely fine with showering when I get home.)  SIDE NOTE:  I worked at a breakfast restaurant for about 4 years during college summers and ALWAYS smelled like eggs and grease and pancakes when I got home.  It permeated my skin.
So Daniel and I had independently heard of this place and were dying to try their food.  Daniel got a scramble concoction of eggs, tomatoes, potatoes, broccoli, cheese, and other local vegetables.  So scrumptious...  It went well with his side of a cinnamon roll with raisins the size of Ben's head.  I got a short stack of true buttermilk pancakes and some eggs.  Holy mackerel it was delicious. 
As we got back in the car we were both comfortably stuffed, but not regrettably so.  It was a lovely morning with my two dudes, nice conversation, and a fantastic start to this weekend.

Here's to hoping you also get to eat buttermilk pancakes soon!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely meal with your two leading men. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take Daniel's egg thing with a side of Benny's cheeks, pls.

    ReplyDelete