Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blogging is scary

Yes, blogging is scary.

I have great ideas in my head that rarely transfer the way I want.  I forget and then am untimely with my pictures and stories.  Frankly, I'd rather be spending my time sewing or making cards, or playing with by baby boy.  However...

I have apparently been ordered by my blogging friends to resume blogging, oh and do it more than quarterly.  When I say "blogging friends" I don't mean that I am part of a social circle of people brought together by their love of blogging, I mean that I have great lifelong friends that just so happen to be prolific bloggers.  Their blog designs are amazing, they write and spell good (wink), and they update their pages ALL THE TIME!!

Case and point:  Boots and Bling: How Kat and Tim do Rural

My best friend of nearly 21 years (HOLY MACKEREL!) writes a super fun blog about her life.  For a girl who lives in Western Kansas, aka Starbucks-is-45-minutes-away-land, she's got a lot of fun stuff going on. 

So here's a funny story about Katherine. I used to think I was much funnier than her.  There. I said it.  I was honest about this one time with her.  I consider myself a funny person, however, I realize that my humor is better at the spur of the moment.  Kat has always been fun to be around, but somewhere in 11th grade she hit humor puberty and all of a sudden began cracking me up.  What she has over me now is that she's a funny writer.  She can be pleasant and clever and efficient with her blogging. Me? I hate the whole text part of blogging. 

I wish I had a good photo to go along with this. I realize that photos are 95% of why people read blogs anyway.  Instead, I'll include an awesome photo of Katherine and I singing at church camp back in middle school.  I also used to think I was a better singer than Katherine.  I was definitely wrong about that.  Hmmm, it actually is starting to sound like I was a little overconfident back in the day.

Oh, and the other friend putting on the pressure is Rachel.  She designs blogs, posts amazing pictures, and is one of the best multi-taskers I've ever met.  See what I'm talking about here.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, you and Kat are probably equally funny. She's for sure a better singer--than just about everyone I know. :) I think Courtney would diagnose you with delusions of grandeur.

    And second, often I'd rather be napping or running or cleaning (what?! who says that?) but I've decided it's important to record what's going on with the boys, and looking back over the memories from the last three years is amazing. Try to write a post a week. That's it. Ben will LOVE to look at pictures of himself as a baby in a few years! I print the last year's post in a book every year and it just came yesterday--Finley is obsessed with looking at it. Promise, you'll be glad you did.

    That was officially my longest comment EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best. Blog. Picture. Ever.

    Long live the turtleneck!

    ReplyDelete