Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Recent Pics

I haven't posted anything since July!  You know what, I'm okay with that. Blogging does not come naturally for me.  Especially with the discovery of Pinterest, I tend to spend on-line time checking email, researching baby stuff, or browsing exciting Pins.  Not blogging.  I do have friends that are prolific bloggers.  That's gotta count for something.

So some recent photos should make up for my lack of blogging over the last 6 months.

Last year Daniel and I bought a copper-colored tree which just blows the minds of local friends.  They can't comprehend what it would look like or why we don't have a "real" tree.  I should note that most people in the Pacific NW don't understand why anyone would buy an artificial tree. Seems like it's sacrilegious in some way in this area to not go "real."

Well a couple of our reasons are: 
1.  We can take this tree with us for the next few years until we get tired of it.
2.  I don't know how to take care of an artificial tree and I tend to kill small plants, let alone huge trees.
3.  I am convinced most things will spontaneously combust (observes my husband...and I agree with him) and aren't real trees very flammable?
4.  Copper trees are different and we thought it'd be fun to be different!

So here's a photo of our fake tree, which we love
See!  It really is beautiful!

One of my favorite ornaments

I would have an entire Nutcracker themed tree if I had enough ornaments.

To keep with the Christmastime theme, here are some other highlights of December:

Daniel took me to see the Pacific NW Ballet's Nutcracker this year! I've wanted to go since we moved out to the area.  I love the ballet and this is a world-renowned production.  The sets and costumes were designed by Maurice Sendak, also known for writing and illustrating Where the Wild Things Are.  So you can imagine how wonderful this ballet was, not just because of the dancing!
Stopping for a pic on our walk back to the ferry

In front of the giant Christmas tree at the ballet
Also, we got to go back to Kansas for Christmas.  A real treat.  I really enjoyed the time with family and friends, but time flew by quickly.  This also was the last trip we get to take before Baby Warren arrives in March!
Travis and Elizabeth picked us up at the airport in KC and we enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Oklahoma Joe's.

Caught a few moments with Barry and Paige

My wonderful BSC friends threw a surprise baby shower!

Also got to enjoy a family baby shower when home.  Very special!
 

2 comments:

  1. I'll take what I can get! I'm glad you posted a few pictures--it makes me feel like I got to see you just a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Finally got to see this famous copper tree. Very snazzy, my friend!

    ReplyDelete