Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Have you seen this girl?

We recently hired an Education Coordinator at my workplace, the Kitsap Humane Society.  As a side note, we hired one of my friend's named Julie and she's awesome and will be a great Education Coordinator.  (No, she's wasn't hired just because she's my friend, but that's a bonus!)

One of our first tasks was to sort through education and volunteer files that I inherited when I took over the Volunteer department.  To give you some perspective, when I was hired as the department assistant over a year ago I asked my then boss what was in a certain file cabinet and she answered, "I haven't really gone through those."  She had enough on her plate, for sure, so I don't fault her for that.  However, Julie and I felt that if we were going to start her out on the right foot, we should know what resources we had...or didn't have.  So we dug in.

And we found the gem photo above.  Good ol' Lark Voorhies.  Lisa Turtle, I found you.  Apparently, the previous Volunteer and Education Coordinators didn't like throwing anything away so we found the KIND NEWSLETTER with an article about Lark.  That's when Saved By the Bell was all the rage.

Side note: I can still enjoy a couple good SBTB episodes in the morning here.  I guess syndication can last for-e-ver.

I have to say that the winner in the files was a pamphlet from 1979.  Yup, believe it or not most of the files we found here from 1993 and before.  Is that when computers were invented?

No comments:

Post a Comment